Vscode no debug output since v2.4

Hello,

I have been using serverless framework in combination with vscode for quiet some time. Up untill v2.4 it was very easy to debug code and use breakpoints(simply adding a launch configuration), but for some reason this is broken since version 2.4. Does anyone have a solution for debugging locally in vscode, including the debug output and the ability to use breakpoints?

Thanks!

I am new to coding and to Visual Studio Code so I am trying to teach myself how to use the program. I primarily want to code in Java and I have it set up correctly. The problem is that every time I try to run a basic hello world program, it prints in the terminal but in the tutorial videos it prints in debug console. Has anyone had this problem and can anyone help 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 me fix this?

Hey, could you please tell me if you figured out how to do that ?

I realize this is kind of old, but I ran into the same problem last night. I was eventually able to figure it out on my own.

Running serverless in the vscode debugger wouldn’t produce any output in the debugger output window. It would run, and I could set breakpoints and it would hit them, but nothing would print.

I found that setting “console”: “integratedTerminal” in the launch.json entry for the debug session fixed the issue - vscode switches to the terminal instead of the debug output, but it still runs under the debugger.

In my case I’m trying to develop a serverless plugin, so I have a plugin_dir directory with a simple serverless.yml file and my plugin’s index.js in it.

Here’s my full launch.json entry for this:

{
    "name": "Debug Plugin",
    "program": "${workspaceFolder}/plugin_dir/node_modules/serverless/bin/serverless",
    "request": "launch",
    "type": "node",
    "args": [
        "info"
    ],
    "cwd": "${workspaceFolder}/plugin_dir",
    "env": {
        "STAGE": "pluginstage"
    },
    "console": "integratedTerminal"
}