Troubleshooting deployment

Having an interesting problem I’m trying to solve. I am using the Serverless framework with AWS, that part is fine. At work, on the corporate network I never have any deploy issues.

Working offsite I’m required to use a Cisco VPN, and about half the time, during the sls deploy process I’m being knocked off the VPN. I’ve been trying to help our IT dept troubleshoot this, it happens no matter where I’m at offsite and other team members have the same issue so it’s not just me.

When we get knocked off, it’s always at the step that displays:
Serverless: Excluding development dependencies…

It never reaches the following step
Serverless: Uploading CloudFormation file to S3…

I’m trying to find out some specifics on exactly what the sls deploy process is doing in between those two message displays, and in particular anything that might be network related (sites it’s attempting to hit, authorizations, really anything that would involve network traffic at all.) Hoping someone from the Sls team can shed some light. I had hoped the -v flag would show more of what it is doing but that only seems to kick in once the cloudformation update process is going.

I can reconnect to VPN and attempt another deploy. About one out of three is successful, just trying it over and over. When not on the VPN, we never encounter this issue.