Suddenly started getting error "Request is missing Authentication Token" while serverless deploy

All of a sudden serverless deploy command has started giving error in AWS with error: “Request is missing Authentication Token”

Serverless:
Serverless: Packaging service…
Serverless: Excluding development dependencies…

Serverless Error ----------------------------------------

Request is missing Authentication Token

Get Support --------------------------------------------

Your Environment Information ---------------------------
Operating System: linux
Node Version: 16.15.0
Framework Version: 2.64.1
Plugin Version: 5.5.4
SDK Version: 4.3.2
Components Version: 3.18.2

Serverless: Deprecation warnings:

Our automated build that worked till last week have suddenly started failing with the same error

Environment: linux, node 16.15.1, framework 3.25.0, plugin 6.2.2, SDK 4.3.2

@gcpatil Looks like aws has changed something which is causing the build error, we use aws codebuild to deploy our serverless application. But all of a sudden it started failing since today it was working till last friday.

@ajk we use codebuild too, which will do the installs everytime. I did a test where my local didn’t had the upgraded packages. It worked fine on execution from local into my AWS account. I upgraded packages to the latest on local (nodejs version ofcourse varied between local and codebuild purely because codebuild does not support anything greater that 16.x) and it broke local too with the same issue. Some dependencies is breaking it. I have tried rolling back few versions and dependencies within aws sdk but so far I haven’t had any luck

We are seeing the same problem. Nothing in our build and deployment configuration has changed in many months. It has been rock solid for the last few years.

Your Environment Information ---------------------------
     Operating System:          linux
     Node Version:              14.21.1
     Framework Version:         2.68.0
     Plugin Version:            5.5.4
     SDK Version:               4.3.2
     Components Version:        3.18.2

For details, please see issue 11561.

1 Like

Found a solution on GitHub, Its a regression in aws-sdk. I have restricted the upgrade of aws-sdk@2.1259.0 and now the build succeeds and gets deployed.

This issue has been fixed. See “Request is missing Authentication Token” after upgrade to 3.25.0 #11561.