Serverless GraphQL Architecture

I’m about to create a new API for a project I’m working on and I’m looking to utilize GraphQL.
As this is a lower budget project I’m looking to also utilize serverless technologies (AWS Lambda).
I want to be able to implement cost analysis of queries in GraphQL (there is a library for this) and throttle requests.
I’m wondering what the best way to implement this is; I’m aware of a few options but they all seem to be a compromise:

1. AppSync; I’m unable to implement cost or depth analysis of my queries, which could be important on this project due to not wanting to get loaded with unexpected execution costs.
  2. One Lambda endpoint for GraphQL and all it’s resolvers; I can’t make use of the really nice statistical analysis tools on offer by serverless if I do it this way as there is just one endpoint.
  3. GraphQL Lambda + Call Additional Lambda’s for Data; invoking lambda’s seems to require their names and it wouldn’t take much to “break” this by renaming something

I was wondering if anyone out there has come up with a better way of doing this; or might be aware of an architecture pattern that could suit my needs?

Dale Salter covered how A Cloud Guru does this in his Serverless Days Sydney talk. You can find it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDd2qfEwdzQ

Short answer… option 2.