Serverless deploy command suddenly failed!

Hello

I have a strange issue while trying to deploy the serveless yaml file

the serverless command suddenly start returning an error. despite I didn’t change anything my serverless configuration

Serverless Error ---------------------------------------

ServerlessError: Invalid variable reference syntax for variable . You can only reference env vars, options, & files. You can check our docs for more info.
at Variables.getValueFromSource (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:643:30)
at Variables.splitAndGet (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:489:17)
at C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:428:40
at Array.map ()
at Variables.populateMatches (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:428:20)
at Variables.populateValue (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:459:30)
at C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:336:38
at Array.map ()
at Variables.populateVariables (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:335:8)
at Variables.populateObjectImpl (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:372:30)
at C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:368:40
at Variables.initialCall (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:138:20)
at Variables.populateObject (C:\Users\abdullah.darwish\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\Variables.js:368:17)
at D:\Projects\Syngenta\disease-risk-api-wrapper\node_modules\serverless-step-functions\lib\yamlParser.js:27:62

Hello, I had exactly the same error today (actually it is still impacting us). In order to add further details, I’ve removed pieces from the serverless yml file one by one, and it seems that the issue is caused by the inclusion of the “serverless-step-functions” plugin. If I do remove the plugin, the “sls deploy” command works smoothly, the problem is that we DO NEED that plugin. Can u confirm you are using that plugin as well ? Any idea on how we can solve this issue ?

same here! please help!

Same here! @abdullahdarwish @Alejandro1881. Have you guys solved this issue?