Serverless + Bitbucket Pipeline Error

I have been using serverless to deploy a Lambda application in a bitbucket pipeline for well over a year. I just started getting an error yesterday and I can’t figure out why.

Serverless Error ----------------------------------------

Could not locate deployment bucket. Error: Access Denied

I re-created my AWS keys, and tested the key has access to the bucket using Filezilla pro. In the log I can see it is using the correct region. I replaced the key variables with hard coded values and I have the same error. I used the keys and I was able to deploy the project from my local system with no issue.

I tried putting in a bogus AWS key and I am getting the same error. I don’t believe the error means it can’t access the bucket, but is also a notice that they key is not working.

name: Build and Deploy
      image: node:14-slim
      runs-on:
        - self.hosted
        - linux
      caches:
        - node
      script:
        - npm install
        - npm install sharp
        - npm install -g serverless
        - npm install -g serverless-offline
        - serverless config credentials --provider aws --key ${AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID} --secret ${AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY}
        - serverless deploy --stage dev

Here is the code from my pipleline file. None of the code has changed, but I realized this could be pulling a different docker image, serverless version etc. As far as I can tell the libraries are all the same version. I am running out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.

I am still having issues. I can run these same commands on a local docker container and the deploy works. I was able to get this detailed output:

Serverless: [AWS sts 200 0.202s 0 retries] getCallerIdentity({})
Serverless: Invoke aws:package:finalize
Serverless: Invoke aws:common:moveArtifactsToPackage
Serverless: Invoke aws:common:validate
Serverless: Invoke aws:deploy:deploy
Serverless: [AWS cloudformation 400 0.092s 0 retries] describeStacks({ StackName: 'z-image-resize-dev' })
Serverless: Ensuring that deployment bucket exists
Serverless: [AWS s3 403 0.069s 0 retries] getBucketLocation({ Bucket: 'icustomize-image-resize' })

Serverless Error ----------------------------------------

ServerlessError: Could not locate deployment bucket. Error: AccessDenied: Access Denied
      at Request.extractError (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/services/s3.js:711:35)
      at Request.callListeners (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:106:20)
      at Request.emit (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:78:10)
      at Request.emit (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:686:14)
      at Request.transition (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:22:10)
      at AcceptorStateMachine.runTo (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/state_machine.js:14:12)
      at /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/state_machine.js:26:10
      at Request.<anonymous> (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:38:9)
      at Request.<anonymous> (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:688:12)
      at Request.callListeners (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:116:18)
      at Request.emit (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:78:10)
      at Request.emit (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:686:14)
      at Request.transition (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:22:10)
      at AcceptorStateMachine.runTo (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/state_machine.js:14:12)
      at /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/state_machine.js:26:10
      at Request.<anonymous> (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:38:9)
      at Request.<anonymous> (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/request.js:688:12)
      at Request.callListeners (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:116:18)
      at callNextListener (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:96:12)
      at IncomingMessage.onEnd (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/event_listeners.js:417:13)
      at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:327:22)
      at IncomingMessage.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:486:12)
      at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1327:12)
      at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:80:21)
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      at AwsDeploy.ensureValidBucketExists (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/plugins/aws/deploy/lib/ensure-valid-bucket-exists.js:35:15)
      at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
      at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:93:5)
      at async aws:deploy:deploy:checkForChanges (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/plugins/aws/deploy/index.js:127:9)
      at async PluginManager.runHooks (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:601:35)
      at async PluginManager.invoke (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:639:9)
      at async PluginManager.spawn (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:663:5)
      at async PluginManager.runHooks (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:601:35)
      at async PluginManager.invoke (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:639:9)
      at async PluginManager.run (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:700:7)
      at async Serverless.run (/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/lib/Serverless.js:468:5)
      at async /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/node_modules/serverless/scripts/serverless.js:836:9

Does this line indicate that serverless was able to auth and request data from AWS? I was thinking that the connection was not setup correctly, but this seems like it is working until it gets to the S3 bucket.

Serverless: [AWS cloudformation 400 0.092s 0 retries] describeStacks({ StackName: 'z-image-resize-dev' })