Serverless 3 & 4 together

I’m sure I can’t be the only one who has a lot of Sls v3 projects, that we don’t want to upgrade to v4 right now.

If I install Sls v4 ( Setting Up Serverless Framework With AWS - Setting Up Serverless Framework With AWS installs a global npm package ), will I still be able to deploy the old v3 projects ? They all have framework: '3' in their top level serverless.yml

Basically - will the v4 CLI fall back to v3 semantics if the project says to ?

I guess not

$ sls info --aws-profile foo-bar-boo --stage dev 

✖ The Serverless version (4.1.21) does not satisfy the "frameworkVersion" (3) in serverless.yml
ServerlessError2: The Serverless version (4.1.21) does not satisfy the "frameworkVersion" (3) in serverless.yml

So the appropriate action is to change every (!) project’s framework version at once, and push updated tools to everyone.

Eww ?

What’s the timeline for the official Chocolatey ( Chocolatey Software | serverless ) packages being updated ? We’d need to make sure we had updated .yml files before then.

[ workaround : sudo npm i serverless@3 -g to revert to v3 ]

[ aside: no docs in serverless.yml Reference - Serverless Framework - AWS Lambda Guide - Serverless.yml Reference around frameworkVersion itself, so dunno why Serverless version (4.1.21) does not satisfy the "frameworkVersion" (3.x || 4.x) in serverless.yml either ]