We are moving our existing ExpressJS REST API over to Serverless using serverless-http/AWS/Lambda and have a problem with express-session. We’ve done what we think is correct:
- Of course using data store, not MemoryStore.
- First we tried to keep existing PostgreSQL data store for session.
- When that did not work we assumed it was because of database connection/pool.
- Now we changed to using DynamoDB as data store for express-session.
- But same problem persists.
Details about the problem:
- Hitting the API endpoint first time is fine, response is coming correctly back.
- But the second time and onwards 502 Bad Gateway “internal server error” returnended.
- Waiting long enough we get a 200 again, problem when Lambda function is cold.
If I comment out the express-session code it works as it should. Has anyone succeded in using express-session with Serverless/Lambda?