Can't sls deploy

Hello, I’m having problems deploying a function using serverless. The error I get is:

ngw@ohvelveteen ~/Projects/seeker: sls deploy
Serverless: Packaging service...
Serverless: Excluding development dependencies...

Serverless Error ---------------------------------------

ServerlessError: User: arn:aws:iam::123456789:user/company is not authorized to perform: cloudformation:DescribeStacks on resource: arn:aws:cloudformation:eu-west-2:123456789:stack/seeker-dev/*

Get Support --------------------------------------------
     Docs:          docs.serverless.com
     Bugs:          github.com/serverless/serverless/issues
     Issues:        forum.serverless.com

Your Environment Information -----------------------------
     Node Version:           11.9.0
     Serverless Version:     1.37.1

There are a few odd things I’d love to clarify:

• I don’t have the slightest clue from where it gets arn:aws:iam::123456789:user/company where comany is the company I work for, but surely that’s not the user I want to use. I configured the framework with serverless config credentials --provider aws --key foobar --secret yadayadayada --overwrite and AFAIK that’s all I need, it’s apparently getting some default from somewhere which is superscary… I’d like to check if 123456789 corresponds to an id in my personal AWS account but I don’t know how. Tried typeset | grep 123456789 (I use zsh) but nothing comes up.
  • I have followed the instructions in https://serverless.com/framework/docs/providers/aws/guide/credentials/ including setting up the custom policy. Here is my serveless.yml, which is basically the default one: https://gist.github.com/ngw/1c75c167cf06b193ca8911b156802b8e

Didn’t do much on my AWS account, it has a credit card and it should just work correctly, my impression is that for some reason it’s not using the right credentials. Is there a way I can inspect this? Any combination of -v doesn’t appear to give me much info.
How can I fix/debug this? TIA