BillingMode - UnexpectedParameter

Hello everyone.

Need help with this error -

“errorMessage”: “RequestId: 18120028-124f-11e9-9e46-b3db6ae39b34 Process exited before completing request”

Also, I have the following in the logs

2019-01-07T07:37:32.797Z 18120028-124f-11e9-9e46-b3db6ae39b34 UnexpectedParameter: Unexpected key ‘BillingMode’ found in params
at (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:50:37)
at ParamValidator.validateStructure (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:77:14)
at ParamValidator.validateMember (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:88:21)
at ParamValidator.validate (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/param_validator.js:34:10)
at Request.VALIDATE_PARAMETERS (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/event_listeners.js:125:42)
at Request.callListeners (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:105:20)
at callNextListener (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/sequential_executor.js:95:12)
at /var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/event_listeners.js:85:9
at finish (/var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/config.js:320:7)
at /var/runtime/node_modules/aws-sdk/lib/config.js:338:9

Here is my package.json

  "name": "xxxxxxx",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "description": "",
  "main": "index.js",
  "scripts": {
    "test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1"
  "author": "",
  "license": "ISC",
  "dependencies": {
    "aws-sdk": "^2.382.0",
    "serverless-dynamodb-local": "^0.2.35",
    "uuid": "^3.3.2"
  "devDependencies": {
    "bcrypt-nodejs": "0.0.3",
    "dynamoose": "^1.3.0",
    "factory-girl": "^5.0.4",
    "faker": "^4.1.0",
    "moment": "^2.23.0",
    "serverless-aws-documentation": "^1.1.0",
    "serverless-mocha-plugin": "^1.9.1",
    "serverless-offline": "^3.31.3",
    "serverless-plugin-include-dependencies": "^3.2.1",
    "serverless-reqvalidator-plugin": "^1.0.3",
    "serverless-webpack": "^5.2.0",
    "webpack": "^4.27.1"

Am having the same error.
But yours might be related to the dynamodb local plugin that you use.

if the issue is with the dynamodb local plugin, then it’s weird because the endpoints for me works fine locally, however when I deploy it and run it, then it fails. I have also moved the serverless-dynamodb-local from dependencies to devDependencies

Hey @Kedarnag13,

I’m have the same issue. I was able to execute fine locally, but when I deployed I got the same error.
Were you able to find solution to the problem.