Unable to package due to exceeding maxBuffer length

Not sure where to start with this one so starting with Serverless. I have a ClojureScript app that runs on NodeJS. After creating a few Lambdas I have hit a point of not being able to build the project due to maxBuffer error:

Full debug message received:

15:46 $ SLS_DEBUG=* sls package -s samer
Serverless: Load command config
Serverless: Load command config:credentials
Serverless: Load command create
Serverless: Load command install
Serverless: Load command package
Serverless: Load command deploy
Serverless: Load command deploy:function
Serverless: Load command deploy:list
Serverless: Load command deploy:list:functions
Serverless: Load command invoke
Serverless: Load command invoke:local
Serverless: Load command info
Serverless: Load command logs
Serverless: Load command login
Serverless: Load command logout
Serverless: Load command metrics
Serverless: Load command print
Serverless: Load command remove
Serverless: Load command rollback
Serverless: Load command rollback:function
Serverless: Load command slstats
Serverless: Load command plugin
Serverless: Load command plugin:install
Serverless: Load command plugin:uninstall
Serverless: Load command plugin:list
Serverless: Load command plugin:search
Serverless: Load command config
Serverless: Load command config:credentials
Serverless: Load command rollback
Serverless: Load command rollback:function
Serverless: Targeting /Users/skanjo/Projects/encompass-loan-sync/.serverless/enc-loan-sync.zip
Serverless: WARNING: Plugin ServerlessPlugin uses deprecated hook after:deploy:createDeploymentArtifacts,
                     use package:createDeploymentArtifacts hook instead
Serverless: Invoke package
Serverless: Invoke aws:common:validate
Serverless: Invoke aws:common:cleanupTempDir
Serverless: Packaging service...
Serverless: Executing "lein update-in :cljs-lambda assoc :functions '[{:name "enc-loan-sync-loan-redis-samer" :invoke enc-loan-sync.loan-redis/handler} {:name "enc-loan-sync-loan-listener-samer" :invoke enc-loan-sync.loan-listener/handler} {:name "enc-loan-sync-loan-store-samer" :invoke enc-loan-sync.loan-store/handler} {:name "enc-loan-sync-loan-patches-reader-samer" :invoke enc-loan-sync.loan-reader/read-patches-handler} {:name "enc-loan-sync-loan-metadata-reader-samer" :invoke enc-loan-sync.loan-reader/read-metadata-handler} {:name "enc-loan-sync-loan-version-reader-samer" :invoke enc-loan-sync.loan-reader/read-loan-version-handler} {:name "enc-loan-sync-loan-reader-samer" :invoke enc-loan-sync.loan-reader/read-loan-handler}]' -- cljs-lambda build :output /Users/skanjo/Projects/encompass-loan-sync/.serverless/enc-loan-sync.zip :quiet"

Range Error [ E R R_ C H I L D_ P R O C E S S_ S T D I O_ M A X B U F F E R] 

stderr maxBuffer length exceeded

For debugging logs, run again after setting the "SLS_DEBUG=*" environment variable.

Stack Trace --------------------------------------------

RangeError [ERR_CHILD_PROCESS_STDIO_MAXBUFFER]: stderr maxBuffer length exceeded
    at Socket.onChildStderr (child_process.js:360:14)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at Socket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:442:20)
    at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:283:12)
    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:260:13)
    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:219:10)
    at Pipe.onread (net.js:639:20)
From previous event:
    at PluginManager.invoke (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:390:22)
    at PluginManager.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/PluginManager.js:421:17)
    at variables.populateService.then.then (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/lib/Serverless.js:157:33)
    at runCallback (timers.js:693:18)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:664:5)
    at processImmediate (timers.js:646:5)
    at process.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:121:23)
From previous event:
    at Serverless.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/lib/Serverless.js:144:8)
    at serverless.init.then (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/bin/serverless:43:50)

Get Support --------------------------------------------
     Docs:          docs.serverless.com
     Bugs:          github.com/serverless/serverless/issues
     Issues:        forum.serverless.com

Your Environment Information -----------------------------
     Node Version:           10.9.0
     Serverless Version:     1.30.0

Issue that seems to address my problem regarding webpack but I am not using webpack.

Here is the error from Node docs and it’s description, which confirms 4496 above.
https://nodejs.org/api/errors.html#errors_err_child_process_stdio_maxbuffer

ERR_CHILD_PROCESS_STDIO_MAXBUFFER##
Used when the main process is trying to read data from the child process’s STDERR/STDOUT, and the data’s length is longer than the maxBuffer option.

Is this familiar to anybody? I am new to NodeJS, ClojureScript, and Serverless so not really sure where to start trying to find the cause and how to correct. I was looking for a configuration I could change to solve the problem or locate source that may need to be changed to increase buffer size or event better a workaround.

Started working on this again this morning and discovered the source of the problem, the ClojureScript compiler. We are trying Promesa and it seems several async calls in succession will trigger a huge cascade of nested promises so much in fact and causes the compiler to go into a recursive loop. The maxBuffer issue popped up due to an error message being logged while in the recursive loop due to a misspelled local. I think the maxBuffer error was the result of writing the invalid local error message to stderr over and over again. Once the spelling of the local was corrected there were no maxBuffer errors but then the build would not end and caused great stress on my laptop CPU. We are not investigating other options for ClojureScript promises and a fix for the compiler.