ServerlessError: ServerlessError: unable to get local issuer certificate

Hi all! New to the Forum and to Serverless. I’m trying to do the quickstart and I’ve followed the directions. When I execute serverless deploy -v I get:
Error --------------------------------------------------

ServerlessError: ServerlessError: unable to get local
 issuer certificate

For debugging logs, run again after setting the "SLS_DEBUG=*" environment variable.

Stack Trace --------------------------------------------

Error: ServerlessError: ServerlessError: unable to get local issuer certificate
at module.exports.logError.errorHandlingError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/lib/classes/Error.js:93:11)
at BbPromise.resolve.then.catch.e (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/bin/serverless:26:3)
at runCallback (timers.js:672:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:645:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:617:5)
From previous event:
at __dirname (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/bin/serverless:24:9)
at Object. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/serverless/bin/serverless:27:4)
at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3)
at Module.runMain (module.js:604:10)
at run (bootstrap_node.js:390:7)
at startup (bootstrap_node.js:150:9)
at bootstrap_node.js:505:3

I’m using AWS Profiles and can execute AWS-CLI without any cert issues. I’ve poured through the documentation and can’t figure it out. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that if the AWS-CLI can connect then Serverless set to use the profile should as well. Thanks!
So just an update I made sure that the cert was correct for Node.js and verified that I could install packages from NPM to make sure it wasn’t at that lever. That worked. I then reran sls deploy and got the same error. I ran sudo sls deploy and it seems to get a little further then:

Serverless: Packaging service…
Serverless: Excluding development dependencies…

Serverless Error ---------------------------------------

ServerlessError: unable to get local issuer certificate

Get Support --------------------------------------------
Docs:

Your Environment Information -----------------------------
Node Version: 6.10.3
Serverless Version: 1.24.1

Same issue - just a little further along…

2 Likes

@pmclean1964 Are you behind a network proxy? Looks like another user faced a similar error --> https://github.com/serverless/serverless/issues/3127

Thanks for responding!. I’ll have to check. I’m not a network expert but wouldn’t the AWS CLI have the same issue? I’ll sit down with one of the network guys and explain what I think is going on and see if they have insight into the issue.

That’s a good point regarding the AWS CLI. I’m not quite sure there. Let me know if the network person is able to help you. We can dig further if not. :slight_smile:

I’m having a similar issue. I’m not behind a proxy, but getting the same error when going through the quick start.

Your Environment Information -----------------------------
Node Version: 10.5.0
Serverless Version: 1.32.0

I’m having a similar issue. I’m not behind a proxy and I’m getting the error. Everything was work last week without any issues.

Did you find a fix for this?

I’m having the exact same issue and am utterly perplexed. Anyone made any progress on getting this resolved?

I’m having the same issue here. Have there been any updates on this? I’m not behind a proxy. Things were working for me a few weeks ago, but now if I even run the serverless command in powershell I get this error. It appears to happen at the invoke InteractiveCli step.