I’m beginning my journey with serverless applications so I wonder how do you (more experienced or production-experienced guys) locally develop and test your applications.
- How do you develop / run your application locally - are you using AWS SAM, Serverless-offline plugin, serverless-localstack, localstack directly or you just have an environment in AWS (and do a lot of
sls deploy function)?
Reason why I ask is that for testing those solutions it looks like:
- AWS SAM and Serverless-ofline are good only for lambdas and API GW.
- I can’t get serverless-localstack to work for more than a day and it somewhat looks like not very stable at this point,
- Localstack needs some routines in your production code to say it that you want to run on your localstack and not AWS
- AWS requires being online all the time and thinking about separation (just basing on naming schema of resources or separate AWS account?)
- How do you integration test your application? Do you use localstack or things like moto/boto in Python (or equivalent in NodeJS)?
Thanks in advance for your replies!