[Help] Multi-developer approach

Hi,

I’m fairly new with the serverless approach in general and would love to start with this framework. My concern is that I will be working with a team. I can’t seem to find a way to go or at least a good approach for this. Part of the setup is to get AWS credentials. Given that this will be coming from my organisation’s account, is it safe to share the same credentials with the team? Or should I make separate credentials for each developer?

My plan is to have a single CI/CD for the deployment to staging and prod to avoid complication with keys. But for the development, I prefer not to have so many credentials especially when it has AdminAccess.

Any thoughts on how to approach this? Or anyone can share their approach?

If possible I would have one account per developer and use organisations to manage them. This prevents developers from accidentally trashing each others versions and makes it really easy to track expenditure for each developer.

If you can’t do that then I would use a different API key for each developer so that you can easily remove access for a single developer when they leave.

I would avoid a single shared API key. It’s impossible to prevent access to a single developer so if someone leaves or is let go then you end up needing to expire the key and reissue a new key to every developer.

Thanks, @buggy. That confirmed my target approach. Cheers!