Deploying to wrong aws account after fixing providers

This is for documenting an error we faced after "fix"ing (many but not all) the providers for a serverless project.

After we fixed the (important) providers for a serverless project but not all of them, the “serverless deploy” - command deployed the project/app to the wrong aws account.

after investigation we saw that the deployment used the only NOT YET "FIX"ed provider (aws role) . So we went ahead and after this was fixed too the deployment process chose the correct one and deployment to the correct providers aws account.

Maybe this helps someone …

1 Like