Configure aurora within serverless.yml

I am just started with AWS aurora. Can anyone help me with the configuration part?
Is it feasible to use Server less with aurora in terms of performance?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I don’t know if there’s any way yet to configure Aurora from within the Serverless framework, but I’ve been using Aurora with my Serverless functions and it’s been performing well. fyi, I’m using TypeORM as well to manage it.

@kvarela

I really appreciate this reply. I was waiting for this from last 2 days.
Can you please confirm the engine you are using in Aurora ?
I want to use PostgreSQL. Is it possible for you to provide some code example for the same.

I’m using Postgres 10.4. I wrote a blog post on how to wire up TypeORM with Postgres and Serverless. It might be a bit out dated now, but let me know if you have any questions:
https://medium.com/roam-engineering/wiring-up-typeorm-with-serverless-5cc29a18824f

2 Likes

Thank you @kvarela
This is really helpful , i will update here if i face any problem.

Hi @kvarela
I am facing an issue in serverless webpack. Everything is working fine on my deployment. But after deployment it is throwing error that

"Postgres package has not been found installed. Try to install it: npm install pg --save"

And this is my webpack config

const path = require(‘path’);
const slsw = require(‘serverless-webpack’);

module.exports = {
entry: slsw.lib.entries,
resolve: {
extensions: [
‘.js’,
‘.jsx’,
‘.json’,
‘.ts’,
‘.tsx’
]
},
output: {
libraryTarget: ‘commonjs’,
path: path.join(__dirname, ‘.webpack’),
filename: ‘[name].js’,
},
externals: [
‘aws-sdk’,
‘pg’
],
target: ‘node’,
module: {
loaders: [
{test: /.ts(x?)$/, loader: ‘ts-loader’},
],
},
};

Do you have any idea about this. I think this is related to the webpack externals .

Sorry Harshit, I’m not familiar with Webpack.

@ kvarela

No problem. I found the solution of this Issue. We need to forcefully include pg module. I am using serverless-webpack.

# enable auto-packing of external modules
webpackIncludeModules:
forceInclude:
- pg

these lines need to added in the serverless.yml