Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-g683mbx5/mysqlclient/

Learning how to deploy python3 to Lambda.
I have followed these instructions and get that working.

I then uninstalled numpy and removed the numpy code from handler.py.
I installed mysqlclient into my virtual environment.

Now when I try to deploy I get:

Error --------------------------------------------------

Command “python setup dot py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-aa0yxiyf/mysqlclient/

For debugging logs, run again after setting the "SLS_DEBUG=*" environment variable.                                                     

Stack Trace --------------------------------------------

Error: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-aa0yxiyf/mysqlclient/

at ServerlessPythonRequirements.installRequirements (C:\numpy-test\node_modules\serverless-python-requirements\lib\pip.js:97:11)         

From previous event:
at PluginManager.invoke (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\PluginManager.js:366:22)
at PluginManager.spawn (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\PluginManager.js:384:17)
at Deploy.BbPromise.bind.then.then (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\plugins\deploy\deploy.js:120:50)
From previous event:
at Object.before:deploy:deploy [as hook] (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\plugins\deploy\deploy.js:110:10)
at BbPromise.reduce (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\PluginManager.js:366:55)
From previous event:
at PluginManager.invoke (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\PluginManager.js:366:22)
at PluginManager.run (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\classes\PluginManager.js:397:17)
at variables.populateService.then (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\Serverless.js:104:33)
at runCallback (timers.js:789:20)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:751:5)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:722:5)
From previous event:
at Serverless.run (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\lib\Serverless.js:91:74)
at serverless.init.then (C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\serverless\bin\serverless:42:50)
at

What am I doing wrong?

@eric.snyder did you find the workaround or fix this issue? I am getting the same problem while installing MySQL package.

Anyone find an answer to this?