Can't find ffmpeg binary

My app is a slackbot running on a aws provider using a nodejs runtime. It uses ffmpeg which I have installed as a layer following “publish-aws-lambda-layers-serverless-framework”. My app successfully deploys but fails at runtime because it cannot find the ffmpeg library.

2021-04-05T05:46:21.228Z 5e009ce7-d39c-4597-947f-4f50c711837a ERROR Could not find ffmpeg executable, tried "/var/task/node_modules/@ffmpeg-installer/linux-x64/ffmpeg", "/var/task/node_modules/@ffmpeg-installer/ffmpeg/node_modules/@ffmpeg-installer/linux-x64/ffmpeg" and "/var/task/node_modules/@ffmpeg-installer/linux-x64/ffmpeg"

I have the feeling the path I am using to find the binary is incorrect. Where would a binary be loaded in this scenario? Is there a way to debug to find out? Is there a way to explicitly set the path for a binary?

I have seen this forum topic but the implication seems to be the binary install location in python envs is different?

Here is my serverless.yml file:

org: edoror
app: audio-clipper
service: audio-clipper-slackbot

plugins:
  - serverless-offline

useDotenv: true

provider:
  name: aws
  runtime: nodejs12.x
  region: us-west-2
  memorySize: 128
  environment:
    SLACK_SIGNING_SECRET: ${env:SLACK_SIGNING_SECRET}
    SLACK_BOT_TOKEN: ${env:SLACK_BOT_TOKEN}

functions:
  app:
    handler: dist/index.handler
    events:
      - http:
          method: post
          path: /slack/events
    layers:
      - {Ref: FfmpegLambdaLayer}

layers:
  ffmpeg:
    path: layer

Ended up doing some print debugging to figure out where the binary was lol. For aws providers using nodejs runtime, it seems like the binary will be located here: /opt/<binary-name>/<binary-name>

Documentation link to anyone lurking: Lambda layers - AWS Lambda